Library?

Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.
pererin

Library?

Post by pererin »

Would it be possible to start an on-site 'library' here? I am sure that links to important Buddhist texts and recommended studies would be a great help to many of us: 'beginners' not least.

Metta,

Pererin
Ben

Re: Library?

Post by Ben »

Hi Pererin

Retro and I are currently discussing the feasibility of an online library here at DW. We are still in our infancy here at Dhamma Wheel and we are concentrating on developing a discussion forum that meets the needs of our membership.

As the ex-librarian at another online discussion forum I can tell you that the development and maintenance of an online library is a lot of work. Currently I am fitting in my DW responsibilities around packing and moving my family interstate to Tasmania at the end of this month, so I can't give much more of my time to selecting online texts and formatting library entries.

As an interim I think we should use the existing forum structure to point out interesting texts, make recommendations, ask questions about, request recommendations from others and generally discuss online or non-online texts. I am also happy to participate in any discussions regarding texts and a good place to start actually maybe a thread on 'favourite dhamma books and why'.
Kind regards

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..