auto log off

Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.

auto log off

Postby danieLion » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:24 pm

Is there a way to prevent getting logged off after a certain amount of time/inactivity?
metta
danieLion

Re: auto log off

Postby Ben » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:04 am

Greetings Daniel,

How frequently do you need to log back in?
Have you tried using a different browser?
kind regards,

Ben
"Only those who take to meditation with good intentions can be assured of success. With the development of the purity and the power of the mind backed by the insight into the ultimate truth of nature, one might be able to do a lot of things in the right direction for the benefit of mankind."

Sayagyi U Ba Khin

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global Relief
UNHCR Syria Emergency Relief AppealTyphoon Haiyan Relief AppealKiva: (person to person micro-finance)

e: ben.dhammawheel@gmail.com
Ben
Site Admin

Postby Kim OHara » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:12 am

Kim OHara

Postby danieLion » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:15 am

It varies wildly. After how many minutes of activity do yo get logged off? I just want to maximize the appearance of my availability with the "Online" indicator (which I assume I already do just by NOT logging off, right?).
metta
danieLion

Postby danieLion » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:17 am

Kim O'Hara wrote:Sounds like my problem - http://www.dhammawheel.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12692

:coffee:
Kim

Thanks Kim. I Got to run, but I'll review it when I return.
metta
danieLion

Postby Ben » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:29 am

danieLion wrote:It varies wildly. After how many minutes of activity do yo get logged off? I just want to maximize the appearance of my availability with the "Online" indicator (which I assume I already do just by NOT logging off, right?).
metta

If I am constantly posting or doing stuff - I don't get bumped off. If, however, I am still logged on and not active on Dhamma Wheel, it may be an hour before I get logged off. Hence, I can appear to be online long after I've 'left the building'.
Some months ago I was having trouble having to log back on every couple of minutes when I was on IE. That resolved when I started using Google Chrome.
kind regards,

Ben
"Only those who take to meditation with good intentions can be assured of success. With the development of the purity and the power of the mind backed by the insight into the ultimate truth of nature, one might be able to do a lot of things in the right direction for the benefit of mankind."

Sayagyi U Ba Khin

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global Relief
UNHCR Syria Emergency Relief AppealTyphoon Haiyan Relief AppealKiva: (person to person micro-finance)

e: ben.dhammawheel@gmail.com
Ben
Site Admin

Postby danieLion » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:51 pm

Thanks, Ben. Issue resolved.

Kind regards,
Daniel
danieLion

Return to Suggestion box