HI BORHTERS..

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
venkatad

HI BORHTERS..

Post by venkatad »

HI Dhamma Brothers..
I work in USA born and raised basically in India,
Happy to be in this forum
I practice vipassana.
I have attended 2 tenday courses taught by S.N.Goenka....
I have not been practicing that hard now a days, But I would like to go deep to understand life and to be peaceful every minute. I would like to seek your suggestions regarding practice.
Thanks in Advance
Mettha
retrofuturist

Re: HI BORHTERS..

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Venkat,

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel.

:buddha1:

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
bodom

Post by bodom »

Welcome!

:anjali:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
Ben

Post by Ben »

Welcome venkatad to Dhamma Wheel!
We have a number of students of SN Goenka as members here, including myself.
Congratulations with maintaining your daily practice, it is an important but difficult aspect of the path to master.
metta

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

welcome to Dhamma Wheel Venkatad
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
venkatad

Post by venkatad »

Hi all thanks for u r replies...
My name is venkat, d is my first letter of last name..If you call me Venkat that would be appreciated....
For me its very hard to get motivated now a days...And I have not been practicing well...so all bad thoughts coming to mind and I do respond.
Pls guide me how can i continue daily sittings...how to motivate myself?
I want to sit one more 10day course but I feel now its so hard as I am so much engrossed into worldly things...
Thanks
Ben

Post by Ben »

Hi
The guidelines for daily practice are fairly simple and are essentially:
- maintain sila
- sit twice daily, 2 x one hour vipassana and a few minutes at the end of each session for metta bhavana
If you have difficulty perceiving sensation or your concentration is not good enough to remain continuously aware of sensation, then go back to anapana for the duration of that session.
- remember that our job is to "just observe" and the nature of sensation is not indicative of the quality of the meditation session.
- when thoughts and emotions arise in the mind, just note their presence but maintain the primary focus on sensation.

If you have any more specific questions or require additional advice specific to your practice, please feel free to contact me via pm.
metta

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
venkatad

Post by venkatad »

Ben wrote:Hi
The guidelines for daily practice are fairly simple and are essentially:
- maintain sila
- sit twice daily, 2 x one hour vipassana and a few minutes at the end of each session for metta bhavana
If you have difficulty perceiving sensation or your concentration is not good enough to remain continuously aware of sensation, then go back to anapana for the duration of that session.
- remember that our job is to "just observe" and the nature of sensation is not indicative of the quality of the meditation session.
- when thoughts and emotions arise in the mind, just note their presence but maintain the primary focus on sensation.

If you have any more specific questions or require additional advice specific to your practice, please feel free to contact me via pm.
metta

Ben
OK BEN Thanks for the response...!
I will PM when any questions/doubts arise..!
zavk

Post by zavk »

Welcome!
With metta,
zavk
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

:hello:

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!