I am here to make your forum great.

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
LauraJ

Re: I am here to make your forum great.

Post by LauraJ »

This thread is so funny :D
Dharma Wheel
Buddha Blog

Conquer the angry man by love. Conquer the ill-natured man by goodness. Conquer the miser with generosity. Conquer the liar with truth. -The Dhammapada
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

tiltbillings wrote:
Chris wrote:It's a Boy Thing? or rather, it's an American Boy Thing?
Damdifino. I never heard of this guy before now. Googling him, while providing some entertainment, I could have happily lived my life without ever hearing about him.
The Boz was a star player in American football in college in the early 1980's, but was most known for his look and lifestyle. He never performed well in the professional league (NFL). But with that look, still made a success with acting.

I think The Boz look and lifestyle was an out-growth of the punk rock look and scene from the late 1970's. Personally, I don't care for the hair-dos or the color streaks or the lifestyle, my postings were only about the popped collar look. :D

Several celebrities, Buddhist and non-Buddhist do the hi-collar look occasionally and models and supermodels do it enough to keep it relatively in style most of the time.

Aishwarya Rai (from India)
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

LauraJ wrote:This thread is so funny :D
:D

Yeah, attachments, fads, and styles can do that. As I age, my cravings and interest has waned somewhat, but still some there. :tongue:
Tex

Post by Tex »

BOOOOOOO Brian Bosworth.

Nightmares from childhood.

Texas Fight.
"To reach beyond fear and danger we must sharpen and widen our vision. We have to pierce through the deceptions that lull us into a comfortable complacency, to take a straight look down into the depths of our existence, without turning away uneasily or running after distractions." -- Bhikkhu Bodhi

"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -- Heraclitus
pink_trike

Post by pink_trike »

These days I sport an uber fashionable shaved head, because I no longer care about hair and I don't have much of it to care about. :tongue:
Vision is Mind
Mind is Empty
Emptiness is Clear Light
Clear Light is Union
Union is Great Bliss

- Dawa Gyaltsen

---

Disclaimer: I'm a non-religious practitioner of Theravada, Mahayana/Vajrayana, and Tibetan Bon Dzogchen mind-training.
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,
pink_trike wrote:These days I sport an uber fashionable shaved head, because I no longer care about hair and I don't have much of it to care about. :tongue:
:thumbsup:

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

I surprised the Boz' mugshot has not surfaced so we can add it to these greats:
Attachments
imagesCAC7CNVK.jpg
imagesCAC7CNVK.jpg (3.3 KiB) Viewed 1923 times
gatesmugshotboth[1].jpg
gatesmugshotboth[1].jpg (22.76 KiB) Viewed 1923 times
0_61_mugshots_bush_nylibrary[1].jpg
0_61_mugshots_bush_nylibrary[1].jpg (13.18 KiB) Viewed 1923 times
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
LauraJ

Post by LauraJ »

Teehee :D
Dharma Wheel
Buddha Blog

Conquer the angry man by love. Conquer the ill-natured man by goodness. Conquer the miser with generosity. Conquer the liar with truth. -The Dhammapada
Bhikkhu Pesala

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I don't know how you suppose this forum will be great by posting a whole load of samphappalāpa. A lot of great big egos doesn't make a great Buddhist forum. What I would like to see is some thoughtful posts and useful quotations or links.
BlogPāli FontsIn This Very LifeBuddhist ChroniclesSoftware (Upasampadā: 24th June, 1979)
cooran

Post by cooran »

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote:I don't know how you suppose this forum will be great by posting a whole load of samphappalāpa. A lot of great big egos doesn't make a great Buddhist forum. What I would like to see is some thoughtful posts and useful quotations or links.
Hello Bhante,

Thank you for the reminder - too often we get carried away by, as you say, samphappalāpa. This is a new word for me - I'm only familiar with papañca (conceptual proliferation).

Bhante, your contributions and example are much appreciated here and on other lists, as well as on your website:
http://www.aimwell.org/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thank you for all the consistent and valuable work you do for the Dhamma.

with metta and respect,
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Some amount of samphappalāpa (small talk) is to be expected in a sub-forum on Introductions; also in the Lounge, where we have threads, such as: Word Association Game, music game, etc.

But the points of both sides are well taken and this thread has run its course and so I am closing it.