About self

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
Aloof

Re: About self

Post by Aloof »

Janalanda wrote:So what do you want to do now that you've seen god ? What's left for you to do ? Where are you going after death ?
After meeting the One face to face , I realized that there is no difference between us. ONE's works , thoughts,actions,acts are also mine.
As ONE is creating positive flowering creations, so now i am also very very busy creating beautiful flowering surrounding of my own.
As ONE is accumulating WISDOMS, CREATIVITIES out of the experiences of creation, so I am also doing the same.
And I feel that I am part of ONE even though I am away from ONE. I have been given enough WISDOMS to take part in freeing this earth and existence from death, old age and miseries.
For this I have been rewarded more than enough material benefits, good health, and freedom from diseases. If this physical body of mine dies, I know that my WISDOMS will be always part of me in next life and I shall be a greater leader in next birth so that I am able to bring in powerful positive changes . I know I am also ONE and will always be ONE.
Aloof

Post by Aloof »

Aloof wrote:
Janalanda wrote:So what do you want to do now that you've seen god ? What's left for you to do ? Where are you going after death ?
After meeting the One face to face , I realized that there is no difference between us. ONE's works , thoughts,actions,acts are also mine.
As ONE is creating positive flowering creations, so now i am also very very busy creating beautiful flowering surrounding of my own.
As ONE is accumulating WISDOMS, CREATIVITIES out of the experiences of creation, so I am also doing the same.
And I feel that I am part of ONE even though I am away from ONE. I have been given enough WISDOMS to take part in freeing this earth and existence from death, old age and miseries.
For this I have been rewarded more than enough material benefits, good health, and freedom from diseases. If this physical body of mine dies, I know that my WISDOMS will be always part of me in next life and I shall be a greater leader in next birth so that I am able to bring in powerful positive changes . I know I am also ONE and will always be ONE.
I have also been shown that ONE has been creating and flowering this creation and then extending it for billions trillions zillions of years and work ahead is also very very extensive. And now ONE's work is also my work . I am happily booked for billions trillions zillions years.
THIS IS MY STATE OF MIND SINCE I WAS FACE TO FACE WITH ONE
Janalanda

Post by Janalanda »

So there is no need for you to perfect yourself. There is no need for you to get rid of your greed. God is going to get rid of your greed and other defilements for you.
Aloof

Post by Aloof »

Janalanda wrote:So there is no need for you to perfect yourself. There is no need for you to get rid of your greed. God is going to get rid of your greed for you.
My Wisdom says that I should not reply to you on above sentence now. You need time to understand positively what I am going through. I shall give the reply after a small gap of a day or two.
Janalanda

Post by Janalanda »

Human nature is to love himself very much. And human nature is also to be lazy and look for shortcuts. That's why people construct all kind of views that say they're great like: they are sotapanna, they have seen god, they are enlightened etc. and there is nothing more for them to do other than engage in pleasurable activities for the ego like letting everybody know how great they are.

Some delusions are very gross, like those of suicide bombers who believe 100% they are as saintly as they get. Other views are more subtle but saying the same thing: "I am advanced" "I am great" "I am holy"

If everybody would be thinking like that, nobody would ever become saints. But there are some who take the job of removing greed, narcissism etc. seriously and realize it's a hard job and there are no shortcuts.
Clinging to rites and rituals - Eradication of the view that one becomes pure simply through performing rituals (animal sacrifices, ablutions, chanting, etc.) or adhering to rigid moralism or relying on a god for non-causal delivery (issara nimmāna). Rites and rituals now function more to obscure, than to support the right view of the sotāpanna's now opened dharma eye. The sotāpanna realizes that deliverance can be won only through the practice of the Noble Eightfold Path. It is the elimination of the notion that there are miracles, or shortcuts.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sot%C4%81panna

Why didn't this god make you holy and advanced from the beginning ? Why did he make you so just recently ?
Janalanda

Post by Janalanda »

There is a christian simile about 2 people. One was shouting to everybody that he is full of virtue. One was shouting to everybody that he has no virtue.

The second one was doing the same thing as the first only that he constructed a more elaborate view about why he is so great. He was practically saying to himself "I am so modest. Because I am shouting that I have no virtue, it means I am very modest".

Both of them have yet to resolve the "love for thyself" problem. They may have abandoned craving for drugs, abandoned craving for food, abandoned craving for wealth. But they had yet to abandon love of the ego. It's like you have a boat with many little holes in it plus a huge hole. One might close all the little holes but leave the biggest one of them open.
Aloof

Post by Aloof »

Janalanda wrote:There is a christian simile about 2 people. One was shouting to everybody that he is full of virtue. One was shouting to everybody that he has no virtue.

The second one was doing the same thing as the first only that he constructed a more elaborate view about why he is so great. He was practically saying to himself "I am so modest. Because I am shouting that I have no virtue, it means I am very modest".

Both of them have yet to resolve the "love for thyself" problem. They may have abandoned craving for drugs, abandoned craving for food, abandoned craving for wealth. But they had yet to abandon love of the ego. It's like you have a boat with many little holes in it plus a huge hole. One might close all the little holes but leave the biggest one of them open.
Yours is a normal reaction. Your decision is concluded. And I am sure that majority of readers on this forum will concur with your view.
In case if one of you comes forward and who doubts the possibility and has not concluded, I will put my full effort to convince him. I have 24 years of hard work behind me.
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote:
David N. Snyder wrote:Why is it always a HE? Why not SHE? Why not neuter? Having a gender for such an important creator being makes no sense. Gender is in the area of the mundane, of samsara.
It's just a linguistic convention. God, and Brahma in Buddhism and Hinduism are not sexual beings. One gets to be reborn in the Brahmaloka by virtue of chastity. These deities have no sexual thoughts at all. However, since Brahma gods are living beings, it does not make sense to refer to them as it.
Hi Bhante,

Yes, I agree with what you wrote here, but I believe aloof is referring to a Monotheistic-Creator-God, not an impermanent god with a 'small g' in a deva realm.
Aloof

Post by Aloof »

David N. Snyder wrote:
Bhikkhu Pesala wrote:
David N. Snyder wrote:Why is it always a HE? Why not SHE? Why not neuter? Having a gender for such an important creator being makes no sense. Gender is in the area of the mundane, of samsara.
It's just a linguistic convention. God, and Brahma in Buddhism and Hinduism are not sexual beings. One gets to be reborn in the Brahmaloka by virtue of chastity. These deities have no sexual thoughts at all. However, since Brahma gods are living beings, it does not make sense to refer to them as it.
Hi Bhante,

Yes, I agree with what you wrote here, but I believe aloof is referring to a Monotheistic-Creator-God, not an impermanent god with a 'small g' in a deva realm.
Yes, I am referring to a Monotheistic -creator- God. And surely he is above gender.