Hello.

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
daviddhamma

Hello.

Post by daviddhamma »

Hello, my name is David, I'm from Brazil and I'm 21 years old. This is my first post on dhamma whell. My first contact with buddhism was about 2 years ago, however I would think I just had sufficient confidence to claim I'm a buddhist a couple of months ago (that was a quite gradual process).
Nevertheless I would not say i am a "religiouss" buddhist (I don't belive in metaphysics such ass rebirth; nor do I have ever have gone to a temple, but I think that's would be a most wholesome experience and I would like to visit one).
Neither would I not claim that I am a theravada, but I think I have read sufficiently about buddhism to say theravada is the tradition I most identify (but still I like quite a lot the caodong/soto school of zen). Anyway I think the dhamma had an extremely positive impact on my life and is BY FAR my greatest ethical and philosophical reference, at least on the last two years (Still I do think other systems have also wholesome theachings and may complement buddhism).
Sorry about my english; metta.
EDIT: caodong/rinzai => caodong/soto
Last edited by daviddhamma on Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bodom

Re: Hello.

Post by bodom »

Welcome!

:anjali:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
dhammacoustic

Post by dhammacoustic »

Welcome David, stick around :toast:
cooran

Post by cooran »

Welcome David! :group:

With metta,
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to DW!

:toast:
Jim1

Post by Jim1 »

daviddhamma wrote:Hello, my name is David, I'm from Brazil and I'm 21 years old. This is my first post on dhamma whell. My first contact with buddhism was about 2 years ago, however I would think I just had sufficient confidence to claim I'm a buddhist a couple of months ago (that was a quite gradual process).
Nevertheless I would not say i am a "religiouss" buddhist (I don't belive in metaphysics such ass rebirth; nor do I have ever have gone to a temple, but I think that's would be a most wholesome experience and I would like to visit one).
Neither would I not claim that I am a theravada, but I think I have read sufficiently about buddhism to say theravada is the tradition I most identify (but still I like quite a lot the caodong/soto school of zen). Anyway I think the dhamma had an extremely positive impact on my life and is BY FAR my greatest ethical and philosophical reference, at least on the last two years (Still I do think other systems have also wholesome theachings and may complement buddhism).
Sorry about my english; metta.
EDIT: caodong/rinzai => caodong/soto
Hi David, I agree with a lot of this. Buddhism is certainly a great ethical reference for me as well(especially the Noble Eightfold Path). And I(like the great Thich Nhat Hanh) use it in connection with another great religion.

Anyway, welcome! Good to have you here with us.

With metta,
Jim
"He who walks in the eightfold noble path with unswerving determination is sure to reach Nirvana." Buddha
jagodage

Post by jagodage »

Hello David

Welcome to DM forum.

It is pleasure to meet a young son from Brazil who has incline towards Theravadi Buddhism. I wish you will get an opportunity to visit a Buddhist temple very soon.

There you can enjoy calming effect of mind when stay watching a Buddhist Image for a length.

With Mettha
Jagodage
:candle: