Greetings all!

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
steeltarrow

Greetings all!

Post by steeltarrow »

Hi everyone! I stumbled across Bhante Gunaratana's Mindfulness in Plain English about 2 years ago and have read and reread it several times though never started a sustaining meditation practice. About a year ago I picked up his Eight Mindful Steps to Happiness, but still was never able to start a practice. Well now I am re-reading it and hoping this time I actually start something. Because of my current situation I am unable to search out a meditation group or sangha so I am hoping to be able to ask possible questions to this board or gain some pointing in the right direction if I need it. I am grateful to the creators and moderators (not to mention the contributors) for this resource and I hope to grow in my knowledge and spiritual understanding as well as my practice and become helpful to others in return.
retrofuturist

Re: Greetings all!

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel... I hope the community here can be of some assistance.

:buddha1:

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
mikenz66

Post by mikenz66 »

Welcome steeltarrow!

:hello:

:anjali:
Mike
bodom

Post by bodom »

Welcome!

:anjali:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
Ben

Post by Ben »

Greetings steeltarrow and welcome to Dhamma Wheel.
There are a few of Bhante G's practitioners here and I am sure they will only be too happy to help.
Some other resources here include the Great Meditation Challenge thread. We also have a group at insight timer.com 'Dhamma wheel meditation challenge'. I hope they are of assistance to you.
Kind regards,
Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

:hello:
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!

:thumbsup:
Khalil Bodhi

Post by Khalil Bodhi »

Welcome!
To avoid all evil, to cultivate good, and to cleanse one's mind — this is the teaching of the Buddhas.
-Dhp. 183

The Stoic Buddhist: https://www.quora.com/q/dwxmcndlgmobmeu ... pOR2p0uAdH
My Practice Blog:
http://khalilbodhi.wordpress.com