Hello nice to meet you...

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
greenthumb

Hello nice to meet you...

Post by greenthumb »

Hello, long time vipassana (early 90s) meditator from Oregon, love gardening, kids, dogs, chickens and watching nature do her thing. It's raining and chilly here in Oregon the 5th of November 2013. Gardens are all tucked in, produce is preserved and stored, paintings are coming along, dogs asleep under my chair here in my kitchen. It would be nice to have some Dhamma chats with like minded folk once in awhile. I like just about any Dhamma topic so expect me to popup just about anywhere.
Last edited by greenthumb on Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Form is like a glob of foam; feeling, a bubble; perception, a mirage; fabrications, a banana tree; consciousness, a magic trick this has been taught by the Kinsman of the Sun. Phena Sutta: Foam
purple planet

Re: Hello nice to meet you...

Post by purple planet »

Nice description - very cozy :P

welcome to DW :hello: - and again nice description
greenthumb

Post by greenthumb »

Thank you @purple planet,

Cozy takes a lot of work! Fruits of work all summer long. Thank you, and nice to meet you, looking forward to some interesting and enlightening discussions!
Form is like a glob of foam; feeling, a bubble; perception, a mirage; fabrications, a banana tree; consciousness, a magic trick this has been taught by the Kinsman of the Sun. Phena Sutta: Foam
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel.

:buddha1:

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

:hello:
Welcome to :group:
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
mikenz66

Post by mikenz66 »

Welcome greenthumb!

:hello:

:anjali:
Mike
greenthumb

Post by greenthumb »

I've been wandering through the threads, this is a very nice board and a great diverse group of people. I am going to have so much fun chatting with you @retrofuturist, @SarathW, @mikenz66. Thank you...
Ben

Post by Ben »

Greetings Greenthumb and welcome to Dhammawheel
It's nice to meet another long term student of SN Goenka.
With metta,
Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
Hickersonia

Post by Hickersonia »

Well met, greenthumb.

I hope you are well and enjoying that very comfortable scene you have painted for us in words. :anjali:
Hickersonia
http://hickersonia.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of
throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burned."
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!

:toast:
bodom

Post by bodom »

Welcome!

:anjali:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
greenthumb

Post by greenthumb »

@Ben, Nice to meet a fellow Goenka Student! @Hickersonia, I wish it was as easy to use words as it is as the use of paint and brush for me. Language both spoken and written have not been easy for me, I am totally sight oriented and an introvert to boot, I am well suited for meditation and painting. @David N. Snyder, @bodom, Thank you, and thank you all for the kind greetings.