Hello and nice to meet you :)

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.

Hello and nice to meet you :)

Postby Kris » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:33 am

Hi, my name is kris and i joined this website waning to find and be able to talk to other Buddhists whom are studying and practicing the various teachings within Buddhism :)
Ive been researching and looking into Buddhism for a while now, having read Afew books such as various books which share extracts of the Pali canon and it's teachings, gone on websites and practiced Buddhist teachings and meditations. I wanted to find Buddhists ( as there seems to be a lack of any Buddhists groups or temples in my area) who knew more than I did and where willing to share their viwes and knowledge with me to help to improve my own understanding of Buddhism and the texts In it :)
So thanks for looking at my introduction, and please excuse any spelling mistakes or other mistakes I made in it :), I hope we can chat sometime, bye :)
Kris :)
Kris

Re: Hello and nice to meet you :)

Postby tiltbillings » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:53 am

Welcome.
This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond.
SN I, 38.

Ar scáth a chéile a mhaireas na daoine.
People live in one another’s shelter.
"We eat cold eels and think distant thoughts." -- Jack Johnson
tiltbillings

Postby dagon » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:57 am

Kris wrote:Hi, my name is kris and i joined this website waning to find and be able to talk to other Buddhists whom are studying and practicing the various teachings within Buddhism :)
Ive been researching and looking into Buddhism for a while now, having read Afew books such as various books which share extracts of the Pali canon and it's teachings, gone on websites and practiced Buddhist teachings and meditations. I wanted to find Buddhists ( as there seems to be a lack of any Buddhists groups or temples in my area) who knew more than I did and where willing to share their viwes and knowledge with me to help to improve my own understanding of Buddhism and the texts In it :)
So thanks for looking at my introduction, and please excuse any spelling mistakes or other mistakes I made in it :), I hope we can chat sometime, bye :)

Welcome Kris

If you say were you are from i am sure that some here will try and help you find Buddhist groups and Temples in your area.

Metta
paul
dagon

Postby Ben » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:05 am

Greetings Kris and welcome!
"Only those who take to meditation with good intentions can be assured of success. With the development of the purity and the power of the mind backed by the insight into the ultimate truth of nature, one might be able to do a lot of things in the right direction for the benefit of mankind."

Sayagyi U Ba Khin

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global Relief
UNHCR Syria Emergency Relief AppealTyphoon Haiyan Relief AppealKiva: (person to person micro-finance)

e: ben.dhammawheel@gmail.com
Ben
Site Admin

Postby David N. Snyder » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:43 am

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!

:meditate:
David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Postby cooran » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:35 am

Welcome Kris! :group:
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
cooran

Return to Introductions